Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday, 6/14/10 I Finished My Pumpkin Pillow

Pumpkin Pillow Pattern
I told you that I would keep you posted on my pillow ideas from the Free Friday Pattern Chunky Pillows, so here it is.

Since I could only find 12" x 12" pillow forms at the craft store before they closed on Saturday, I had to think of something. I used a sweater that my daughter purchased at the thrift store that had the same colors as my gold cotton crochet yarn that I made the base of the pumpkin pillow side A from. With the cotton yarn that I used, my pillow front ended up being 9" x 9", so that was another problem I had to solve.

Matches the Sweater Stripes
I decided to add a few rows of double crochet around the entire square and then make a little scallop edge for the last row. I found just the right color warm rose from my Royale Fashion Crochet stash, and I think it matches the sweater stripes perfectly. Then, I sewed up the sweater to cover the pillow form, before stuffing the pillow form into the sweater, I hand sewed the crocheted pumpkin pillow piece onto the middle of the front of my pillow.

Pumpkin Pillow Button Closure
Then, I found these three little buttons from my button box and sewed some fabric loops on the other side and stuffed the pillow form in and buttoned it closed. I still have to add some snaps between the buttons so the inside of the pillow form doesn’t show. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. I’d like to hear how you plan on making your pillows.