Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, 6/23/10 June CAL Doily Prize

June CAL Doily Prize
Take a look at the June CAL Doily Prize!

I’m really getting a kick out of making all these doilies for the CALs because having a purpose and a deadline pushes me into actually making them. I have been looking at this particular doily for over a year now, and I thought it would be perfect for the June Crochet Along since it has flowers in it, and all my flowers are blooming now.

The cool thing about the patterns that I’ve been using is that they are made from simple charts and symbols. I really do like making doilies from charts. All the outside motifs are made first and separately. Then on the last row of the second motif, you join it to the first motif and so on and so on. Then you are left with an open place right in the middle for your center doily to fit. Then you make the center doily and attach it to the outside motifs while making your last row. It’s so cool how when you get done attaching the center doily, the whole thing is done because the edging is already done with the last row of your motifs and center doily. The June doily measures 25½" across.

Fourth Doily from Big Spool of Thread
This is the fourth doily that I’ve made with this big spool of thread, and it still looks like it I have enough for several more. I’ll keep you posted on that. Anyway, I hope the person who wins this doily loves it as much as I loved making it. Good Luck to everyone! The June CAL ends June 30, so get busy posting your red, white, and blue!