Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday, 6/21/10 Finished My Butterfly Doily

Butterfly Doily
I was finally able to get back to my butterfly doily. I had to put down this doily and finish something else many times, then go back to it again and again. The last time I put it down, I was already over half way done. It didn’t take long after hitting the halfway mark because the pattern repeats. I just placed stitch markers at each end of the row that I was to repeat. That way I didn’t need to carry the pattern book around with me. When I finished the filet work of the doily, I decided to add a single crochet edging all the way around. I’m glad that I took the time to do the edging because I think it gives it a more finished look.

Butterfly Doily Thread left
I can’t believe I still have this much thread on this giant spool of thread. I’m going to keep track of how many doilies I can get from this one spool of thread. This is Number 3.