Friday, April 9, 2010

4/9/10 Free Pattern Friday: Chunky Pillows Crochet Patterns

Chunky Pillows Crochet Pattern
Here’s really fun, temporarily free crochet pattern for you. Check it out now because you’ll only be able to download the pattern for these three different pillows for free for the next 2 weeks!

My pillows are going to be smaller than the pattern calls for…

My Olive Pillow
…because, once again, I decided to use some acrylic stash yarn for the “Olive Pillow” (wavy pattern).

My Spice Pillow
Then, I had some really funky yellow wool yarn that I received from a good friend of mine. She thought I would come up with something really cool to make with it. I added a strip of Lion Brand purple wool, and I like the way it looks with the cool dotted fabric I found.

My Pumpkin Pillow
For the “Pumpkin Pillow,” I chose to use this very nice goldish cotton yarn, and I really think it will go good with this pillow that I’m covering with a recycled sweater.

Remember this pattern download is free for a limited time only, so be sure to download and save it now!

Total Crochet Cover
The pillows are from a book called Total Crochet for the Home, by BJ Berti. Thank you BJ for allowing us to have the patterns for the pillows. I can’t wait to get started on some of the other 25 wonderful projects in the book like the latticework place mat and napkin ring, a zigzag tea cozy, a multi-stripe tote, vintage pot holders, a summer farm afghan, and an openwork table runner—just to name a few.