Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, 4/19/10 CAL Doily Prize

Mega Ball of Thread
Ok, maybe I went a little overboard when I purchased this Mega Ball of Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet Thread, but if you know me, you know that I love doilies, and I love to crochet them, too.

Crochet Lace Gift
I received a book of doilies and tablecloths as a gift. I’ve been working on making some of them, so the thread will come in handy, and I hope to use the whole ball. When we decided to do the CAL with my Flower Scarf pattern, I decided to make a doily from this book as a prize.

Doily Prize
This is the one that I just finished for the doily prize. The doily is about 16" in diameter, and it’s Ecru. I really do love the way it came out, and I hope whoever wins it loves it as much as I loved making it.

Butterfly Doily
This is the next doily that I plan on making from the book, and I think this one might stay with me, but you never know, you know how crocheters are: we are very giving people. Good luck to everyone who joins in on the CAL. And if you haven’t posted your scarf photo yet, click on over to the Flower Scarf CAL to find out how. The CAL ends April 30th!