Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday, 4/14/10 Joshua Finished his Afghan

When Joshua decided to make an afghan, he stuck to it and finished it in less than 4 weeks. Along with school, rehearsals, and socializing, he crocheted in his spare time and really late at night. It seemed like the couch should still be warm from his crocheting as I woke to start my crocheting.

Joshua Checking for Ends
Here he is checking to make sure he has all of his tails woven in.

Joshua was so sneaky about who he was actually making this afghan for that I had to keep asking him who he was going to give it to, but he wouldn't tell. I kept telling him that it had better be someone who was worthy of such a wonderful crochet piece and who would appreciate all the time and expense that goes into an afghan. He kept assuring me that the person was worthy, but he wouldn’t tell me who until he had his sister and his dad in the room. Then, as I asked him the question again, he simply replied, “You, Momma.” All I could say was AAAAHHH. I know I didn’t cry at the time, but I now have tears of joy in my eyes as I’m writing this. Ha! Ha!

Joshua Me and his Afghan
And just think! It all started with a little help from me and I Can’t Believe I’m Crocheting.