Friday, April 30, 2010

4/30/10 Free Pattern Friday: Ribbon Scarf Crochet Pattern

Crochet Ribbon Scarf
Surprise! You’ve got a guest blogger today. I’m Lisa Gentry. Some of you may already be familiar with my crochet designs (The Crochet Closet), and some of you may know me from my “Leisurely Lisa Forum” here on CrochetSoiree.com. Tamara was nice enough to invite me to share my temporarily free Ribbon Scarf crochet pattern with all of you on this Free Pattern Friday.

Teach Yourself Crochet Ribbon
This scarf design comes from my book, Teach Yourself Crochet Ribbon Accents, and I’m hoping that once you try my new ribbon crochet technique, you'll be as excited about it as I am. I'm really having a lot of fun making entire projects out of beautiful ribbon yarn and with adding ribbon to my other crochet designs.

This whole technique came about because I had tons of ribbon on hand, and I was just imaging what could be done with all that ribbon when I realized you could crochet it directly onto a project. What a discovery! When I introduced the idea to the women who take my crochet classes, they were so excited about the new projects they were able to finish. It was wonderful to hear them say, “I can do that!” And I bet you can do it, too!

Give ribbon crochet a try on me for free with my Ribbon Scarf pattern! This pattern will only be available for the next two weeks, so download it now! If you like the technique, check out my book—Teach Yourself Crochet Ribbon Accents, for more cool designs like a necklace, hat, pillow, purse, blanket, shawl, bolero, shell, wrap sweater, and a child’s dress.