Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/10 Free Pattern Friday: Bride’s Sachet Hanger Crochet Pattern

Brides Sachet Hanger Pattern
Look at this lovely, traditional, Bride Sachet Hanger. I thought it would make an ideal free crochet pattern for this week since wedding season is rapidly approaching, but since I don’t have any weddings to worry about right now…

Tamarafied Brides Sachet Hanger
…here’s the “Tamarafied” version of the Bride’s Sachet Hanger. I probably went a little overboard with the buttons, but they were calling my name just sitting there in that little plastic jewelry bag (another treasure hunt find). Most of the buttons don’t even match each other, but I do love seeing the colors dangling there on the crocheted ruffle. I was so excited about how it turned out that I decided to show my son.

Joshuas Face
This was the look on his face as he said, “What’s the purpose?” That wasn’t the reaction that I wanted, but what did I expect out of an 18-year-old young man? So when my husband came in the room, I showed him the hanger.

Johns Face
This was his reaction, but he was smart, he didn’t say anything! Ha! Ha! I’m not sure what kind of reaction I wanted from him, but he loves me and knows better than to say anything negative.

Anyway, I decided to take my hanger and a few WIPs down to the yarn shop and hang out with people that “get me”. I showed the hanger to a few people, and I met a few new people and really enjoyed talking with them. One lady named Dorothy and I started visiting about how to crochet with thread. I decided to show her my hanger, and she looked at it and said, “Does it have a purpose?” I looked at her and asked her, “Do you always have to have a purpose when you make something?” “Yes,” she answered. I thought a moment and said, “You know, I’m the same way most of the time. What would you use the hanger for?” She looked at it a few more minutes, and she said, “I think you could hang earrings off of it.” I was so excited about the idea and told her that I had been looking for an earring stand or holder for quite some time and never found just the right thing that wouldn’t take up too much room on my counter of my bathroom.

My new Earring Holder
Now, I don’t even have to clutter up my counter. My earring hanger can just hang anywhere I want it to. I really flip-flopped this pattern around and thanks to Dorothy (my new friend), I have a very unique earring hanger.