Friday, May 28, 2010

5/28/10 Free Pattern Friday: Baby Cardigan and Hat Crochet Pattern

Crochet Essentials Cardigan and Hat
Oh my gosh, look at these really cute baby cardigan and hat crochet patterns that I’ve chosen to be free for a limited time. I had some Patons Grace left in my stash that I’m making mine out of. I know it will make it smaller, but I’ll just have to adjust by using the larger pattern size and a larger hook. The fun thing about making baby things is that you already have them made up ready to pull it out for a baby shower or give as a charity item.

Crochet Essentials Hat
Of course, I had to Tamarafy the hat from this pattern, and I added some chains made from two strands of yarn in each corner of the top of the hat.

Crochet Essentials Cover
The “Baby Cardigan and Hat” patterns are from a book called Crochet Essentials that features Lion Brand Yarn and is published by Leisure Arts. The book has 19 beginner patterns, and I really like the easy factor in all of the designs.

More Projects from Crochet Essentials
I’m looking forward to trying some of the other patterns in the book.

Be sure to download these patterns now because they will be gone in two weeks!