Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7/10 Free Pattern Friday: Hats off to Mother Crochet Pattern

Hat Off Mom Crochet Pattern
When I first saw the free crochet pattern for these little hats, I thought they were really cute. I have to admit I didn’t know if I would like making them, but as I was making the first one, I thought what a good way they were to use up the small amounts of thread that I have left from other projects.

Threads for Hats
I’m also in love with making these little hats. I can’t seem to stop; I want to make one in every color of thread that I have.

12 Hats
Here’s what I’ve made so far—12 of them.

Rolled Up Wool Felt
Then, as I was making them, the wheels started turning. What else could I put in them besides potpourri? Oh, I found a strip of felt that I had used to make a tongue for the crocheted dog “Drama Dog”. I just rolled it up like a tape measure and sewed it together and stuffed it into the crown of the hat and…

Pincushion
…voila, it’s a tiny pincushion for those little appliqué pins.

Lapel Pin
Next up, I want to use some starch on some and give them a set of flowers and a pin back and make a lapel pin out them.

These are just a few things you can use these little hats for. I think they would make really cute Mother’s Day gifts. My hats are off to all the mothers out there and hope all of you have a Happy Mother’s Day.