Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday, 5/5/10 May Crochet Along

Well everyone it’s May and everything is blooming here in Kansas and I’m sure things are blooming where you are too. People have been talking here at Crochet Soiree about another Crochet Along, so we’ve decided to do another one. This time we’ll be using 2 patterns that are in the free patterns.

My Berry Cute TrivetsI loved this Berry Cute Coaster pattern and couldn’t stop making them. I used some of the Patons Grace crochet yarn and it made them larger and just big enough to use as trivets for hot things to sit on my table. The fun thing about these coasters is that as you crochet the pattern, it automatically makes it 2 sided and then just comes together at the bottom without even sewing (except hiding the tails). You’ll see when you make them how fun they are and how addictive they can be. I had to make them in all different colors and they are so bright and cheery and remind me of the strawberry patch where we used to pick our strawberries when we were kids.

Bean Bag KittyThe other pattern that I chose is the Bean Bag Kitty. I know I’m not eligible but I’d like to try and make mine out of all different colors of yarn and make my Kitten striped.

The rules are simple this time:

Make your projects off of either or both patterns and use any kind of yarn you want to, embellish, or change it up however you want for either pattern. The crochet along will end on May 31, 2010.

There will be a drawing again and the prizes are:

First Place, Doily made by Me (Tamara Gonzales)
Second and Third Place will be crocheted items made by 2 Crochet Soiree members (ssshhh! Don’t tell them that I told you but they’re Molly and BarbM) Ha Ha!