Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 5/17/10 Another Day with Jackie

Stacks of Fabrics
My sister called me on Saturday and said she needed my input on some projects she was working on. Since she had gotten most of her new fabric this week, she wanted me to also see them. This is one of many stacks of fabrics all over her basement—63 prints all together. I ended up helping her with choosing the fabrics for a couple of the quilts she was going to sew up and also helped her iron the fabrics.

My Granny Square Afghan with Fabric
I was really looking forward to seeing the faux crochet granny square fabric that Benartex made from my granny square afghan. Now, I need to pull out my Aunt Lydia’s crochet thread to see which ones look the best with the fabrics because, of course, she wants two receiving blankets edged with crochet for the Spring International Quilt Show this month. We had a great day, and I was exhausted when I got home just thinking about all the work that she still has left to do before she leaves.

Tell me about some of the fun things you do on Saturday.