Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Tired Sweater Saved With Crochet

Teal Shrug with Pink


I like to add crochet trims and embellishments to sweaters that no one else wants. I call them “Tired Sweaters”. This is one of my favorite things to do. These are some of the reasons that I like to do this:

1. I don’t have to make a gauge.
2. I don’t have to make sure it fits anyone.
3. I can find some really cool colors in already manufactured sweaters.
4. I like the idea of recycling the sweaters.
5. I like adding different textures and adding lots of different colors.

I used the poke-a-hole-in-it method and used Aunt Lydia’s Cotton Crochet thread Size 10 that you can order from the Crochet Soiree store. I just added different colors to each row and some extra stitches each time to make it turn into a ruffle, then edged it all the way around with a shell stitch to tie it all together.

Of course, this particular sweater looks very good on my sister, so she wears it whenever she gets a chance.