Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crocheted Socks

How many of you have crocheted socks before? All I know is that I keep buying sock yarn and love to look at sock yarn and have even made an afghan out of sock yarn, but I had never completed a pair of socks until now. I started one sock on New Year’s Eve and finished the other one on Saturday after New Year’s Day. I don’t know why I waited so long. These were a lot of fun to make, and I used a free pattern from Red Heart yarn. You start with the cuff and then work your way down to the toe. My challenge was how do you take a picture of socks?

Socks on Yourself

You can take a picture of them on yourself, looking straight down…

Sock Sideways

sideways or…

Socks Drying

drying on the rack. Anyway, if you haven’t ever made socks before, I guarantee that these were easy and a lot of fun.

Now, it’s off to look for that other sock yarn that I just had to have for my stash. Happy sock making.