Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cool Crochet Happenings

Drew in his Studio

My obsession with cleaning my craft room is getting worse. It all started when I started purchasing a magazine that’s called Studios. This magazine features some of the coolest craft rooms/offices/studios from all over the country. I just love looking at all the ways that people organize things and the neat spaces where they create their art. What a surprise to open the most recent Studios magazine and find my friend, “The Crochet Dude” Drew Emborsky’s studio featured.

Drews Books

Then, since I am a CGOA member, I receive Crochet magazine with my membership, and I got my March issue in the mail last week. I opened the magazine and much to my surprise again, I find my friend Drew’s little crochet books on the second page.

Drews Patterns

And that’s not all! Inside the magazine, I found his patterns for an afghan and pillows. How cool is that?

I’ve really got to order his crochet books. All his patterns look like they would be fun to make.

It just makes me very happy to see crochet being recognized as a true form of art. Crochet is right up there with knitting, quilting, weaving, and all the other crafts too numerous to list on here. Go Drew!!!!