Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas Morning 2009


Christmas morning I got up at my usual time of 3:30 and then decided to lay back down for about an hour. Since Jennifer spent the night on my couch, she was awake with me. Santa had no more than delivered Megan’s presents, ate the cookies, and drank the milk, before Megan was awake and ready to stay awake.

Megan Coloring


I gave Megan a coloring book and colors, so that I could get a few rows of crocheting done. While I was mixing up “Oh Boy Waffles” for breakfast, she played a game of “Guess Who” and did a workbook page. She was so excited to open gifts and yet so patient waiting until I got all of my things done.

Crochet at Four Thirty in the Morning


Megan washing the Dishes


We ate breakfast, and Megan wanted to do the dishes, so I pulled up the footstool to the sink, and she went to town washing the dishes.

Poppy and Megan


Megan Waking Joshua


Then it was off to wake up Poppy and Uncle Joshua, then more waiting for them to eat.

Megans Play Dress


Finally it was time to open our gifts and, of course, Megan was first. Before Christmas, Megan had written a letter to Santa asking for two things: one was a play dress up dress and the other one was play dress up high heels. Since Megan was such a good girl, she got both. Later on, Megan found the trim that had been sewn on the bottom of her play dress in Gran Gran’s sewing room, and we figured that Santa had came into our house and sewed the trim on her dress and used my sewing machine. Ha! Ha!

Megan and Joshua Clowning Around


It was so much fun watching Joshua and Megan playing around, and it was especially nice that Joshua didn’t getting annoyed with Megan like he usually does.

My Mom and Daddy Arriving


In spite of the snow that we received on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, my mom and dad braved the weather to join us for lunch and a long visit. My daddy had a really good day and didn’t need to take a nap after all, but I did crochet a scarf for him that will keep his neck warm, and I got to cover my mom up with my colorful afghan.

My Mom and Jennifer

There's my mom and Jennifer.

My Sister In Law and Me


My sister-in-law, Andrea, and her family came by for their Christmas visit and got to spend some time with my mom and daddy, too. I even had time to talk to Andrea about crocheting and got her started on a crochet project of her very own. Everyone got what they wanted for Christmas this year, and most of all, we had a really good time just being together.

Tell me about what you did on Christmas day.