Friday, January 1, 2010

Free Pattern Friday: Country Comfort Chair Pads Crochet Pattern

Cozy Comfort Chair Pads Crochet Pattern


Happy New Year Everybody!

To kick off 2010, I wanted to share another really cute crochet pattern using fabric. I got these fabric strips while I was in Houston and didn’t know what I would make with them. Now I know and can you believe that I actually finished one of the chair pads? The funny thing about it is, after you get past the first chain row, it’s quite easy. Of course, I had to put my own twist to my chair back.

Heart Shape from Wool Sweater


I decided to use some more of the felted wool sweater for the back of my chair back. I cut out the heart shape…

Poke a Hole In It


…and poked-a-hole-in-it and crocheted around it, so that I could join the two pieces together.

Attaching wool to fabric


Then, I attached the two pieces together with some TLC Cotton Plus yarn that I had left over from the Cloud-Soft Cover-Up Afghan.

Attached to my Blue Chair


Then, I tied some ribbons on the sides so that I could tie it to the back of my blue chair or simply take off the ribbons and use it for a trivet for the table.

Back of Chair Pad


I’m so glad that I finally followed through with crocheting with fabric, and I only have three more chair pads to go. I think it looks pretty cute from the back, too. I think my husband liked that I added it to his chair.