Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Additions to My Yarn Stash and Project List

Well, I was at my LYS (Twist) the other day, and I was minding my own business just crocheting away on my charity afghan, when out of the corner of my eye I saw this:

Yarn Stash Addition


The LYS owner (Shelly) had put this yarn on sale. I kept glancing at it wondering what I could make from this beautiful yarn. Then it hit me that these are the colors of my Christmas things, and I don’t have a tree skirt. Then, I remembered I just received my Crochet Today magazine in the mail, and it just happened to have a tree skirt pattern in it. (Using one of my favorite pattern stitches!)

Christmas Tree Skirt


The yarn is a combination of cotton, acrylic, and polyester. I think it will hold up very well for my tree skirt. The colors are very light turquoise, light red, and funky olivey green. I love the combination of all of these colors together and had to have all the store had. I told Rosina I would eventually find some use for that old hamper I found on one of my treasure hunts. The yarn is going to live right inside it until I can get to it, but just don’t tell my husband. Ha! Ha!