Saturday, November 28, 2009

Knee Deep in Granny Squares

Granny Squares and Vannas Choice


Aren’t granny squares fun? I love all the different patterns out now, but I will always be faithful to the basic granny square. It’s so simple and pretty much a no-brainer. I am knee deep into granny squares right now. I’m in a granny square swap, and I am having so much fun. I joined in the granny square swap and was a little scared, especially since each of us had to choose a color group that we preferred. Seven women and one man are in our swap. Three of us chose Winter colors, two of us chose Autumn colors, two of us chose Summer colors, and one doesn’t care. It was really hard at first. I had to crochet with colors that were not something that I would normally crochet with. Now it’s easy, and I just simply pick up the colors and crochet. I’ve been using a lot of Vanna’s Choice yarn. Currently, I’m a little behind and need to play catch up, so that’s why I’m knee deep in granny squares. It’s been lots of fun getting to know the other people and to see their works of art in crochet.

50 Fabulous Crochet Squares


By the way, Leisure Arts has published a really cool book of 50 granny squares by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss. Check it out in Crochet Soiree’s store.