Monday, November 30, 2009

Speaking of Granny Squares

GrannySquareTop


Here’s a project that I just love. I think I may have told you that I like to take sweaters that someone else is tired of and add crochet and make them new again. In Houston last year, I did a little presentation on “Tired Sweaters.”

Anyway, when I found this little shrug, I thought of my sister and how I thought it would look good on her. Since the sweater needed a little something crocheted on it, I decided to add some granny squares to the bottom. Then it just started building from there. The squares ended up coming out past the fronts of the sweater, and I decided to add some smaller granny squares up both fronts. Then I poked-a-hole-in the sweater all the way around and then attached the granny squares by crocheting back and forth from the sweater to the square. Then I added a shell stitch all the way around to tie it all together. It was kind of like putting a puzzle together, and I love to put puzzles together. Of course, I had to use some of my sister’s favorite colors, and I think she loves it, too. The yarn and thread that I used was DMC Senso and Aunt Lydia’s size 10 crochet thread.