Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cool Weather and Fall Crochet

Vegetable Soup


Don’t you just love Fall weather? The leaves are changing colors almost overnight, and the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. Time to start a pot of vegetable soup and get those afghans back out and finish them up.

Chunky Tweed Afghan


That’s what I did last fall when I finished this afghan for my sweet husband. It’s made from Lion Brand Shetland Chunky Tweed yarns of light blue, brown, and tan. The yarn is a blend of acrylic, wool, and vicose. It’s bulky weight, so I thought it would be fast and easy. It was very easy, but not so fast, since I decided to use single crochet and change the color every row. So after a few rows of singles, I switched and added a row of double crochet, too. The fun thing about it was that there was no thinking to it; I just needed to make sure to change the colors every row. I seem to use the afghan more than my husband, but man it is warm, and I could stay under it almost all day in the wintertime.

Tell me about your Fall projects.