Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Surprise in Sacks from Quilt Show in Houston

Me and Simplicity Sacks


I know you all have been wondering what was in my sacks from the Quilt Show in Houston. Well….I had a few minutes and finally took this out of the box.
Rotary Cutting Machine
The Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine

This is the coolest gadget. You can make strips of fabric from 3/8" up to 2-3/4". The really cool thing about it is the blades are not sharp, and you can use the Rotary Cutting Machine for paper, too. It also comes with a perforated blade and makes a pinking sheered edge to your fabric or paper. The folks from Simplicity warned me that it takes some practice, and I can see where it will take some patience on my part. I should know from my crochet experience that old saying “Practice Make Perfect” is true. Well, I need some more practice. So I’ll keep practicing and talk to you later because this is addictive.