Friday, November 20, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Mitten Time Crochet Pattern

Mittens Free Pattern


When I saw the crochet pattern for these mittens, I thought of instant gratification, and I had been wanting to try my hand (no pun intended) at making a pair for a long time. Plus, I had one skein of this funky striped medium weight acrylic yarn that I hoped would be enough to make them from. I’m glad that I have short hands, or I wouldn’t have had enough. So make sure you go by the pattern and get the recommended amount of yarn.

My Mitten


It was so much fun watching the hand form and the bobbles were so easy. There are no seams, and the only time you have to thread a yarn needle is to gather up the thumb end and weave in the ends. I know some of you don’t use a needle to weave in ends.

I think you’ll have fun making these for all the members of your family. There are sizes for a child and adult. I can hardly wait to start another pair, and I can’t wait to see what colors you come up with.