Friday, June 12, 2009

Free Pattern Friday Spring Fantasy Afghan

Spring Fantasy Afghan


Happy Friday Everybody!

When I saw this week's free crochet pattern, I thought “Hmm” what a great summer project. It’s made in strips, and I won’t have to have a heavy afghan on my lap during the hot summer.

I Love This Cotton Yarn


And I can still use some of my stash yarn. I chose some of my yarn that I had left over from another project. (Of course, there is not enough, so, oh no, I will have to go and get some more yarn!) I picked cotton yarns because, with cotton, the afghan will be lightweight, soft, and airy. I think it will make a perfect summer afghan.

My Spring Fantasy Afghan


Another Spring Fantasy Afghan


I started it this morning, and it is going really fast. It’s kind of like a mile-a-minute afghan. What do you think of the colors I chose? I've made samples in a couple of different color ways, and I can't decide which I like best.

What kind of yarn are you going to use for your afghans?