Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sons

Son Joshua as a child


Son Joshua 17 years old


When I gave birth to my daughter, I was content with one child. Fifteen years later, I found out I was pregnant, and at the same time, I found out that my husband had two sons, also. I wasn’t positive if I could love boys the same way I did my daughter, but I tell you what, when my son, Joshua, was born, he stole my heart! When he hurts, I hurt, and when he is happy, I’m happy. It’s like we have the same heart. His passion is the theater. He has lettered all three years that he has been in high school for drama. He has been active in every play, in one acts, and in the musicals that have taken place at his high school. He has served as an officer of his drama club and will take over as president next year, his senior year. He loves to sing, act, do set construction, and direct. He is as passionate about drama as I am with my crochet. He is now seventeen years old, and everyday goes by a little faster until he graduates. His goal is to go to New York and attend the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts. He is looking so forward to that day. I’m not so much. I am so proud of him in all that he does and will not hold him back here. But you know that he will take a piece of my heart with him to New York. To which his reply is “Oh Momma”!?!

Sons Daniel & John IV


I am very proud of our other sons, too. We never had the opportunity to have them grow up in our home, but they are still close enough to travel and see. Their names are John IV and Daniel. John IV is married (wife Aleshia), and they will soon have their first child. (If it’s a boy he will be named John V.) Daniel is married to Chrisinda, and they have a little boy named Eyan and another baby on the way.