Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yarn Addiction

My daughter called me the other day and said, “Mommy, I think I need a yarn intervention. I just walked out of Hobby Lobby with $54 worth of yarn that’s brand new. It’s called, Patons Bamboo Baby.” Like any good mother would do, I asked her what she plans on making with it, how much it costs per ball, how many yards are on a ball, and what time does Hobby Lobby close? As soon as I got off of the phone with her, I found myself at Hobby Lobby, and this yarn is so soft that I couldn’t resist it. I had to have some, too. I was leaning towards the turquoise since that’s my favorite color, but I went for these colors:

Patons Bamboo Baby


I already have in mind what I will make out of the yarn. It will be used in the computer case that I’m designing. I wasn’t any help to my daughter, especially since I have the same addiction. I don’t think I’m the only one. My daughter called me later and even before she asked me if I had gone to see the yarn, she already knew that I had to have some, too; she just asked which ones I bought. Like Mother Like Daughter. More pictures to come of what she makes and what I’m making with mine.