Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Saturday at Tamara’s

Veggies


My Saturday’s are packed with fun and lots of things to get done. This Saturday was no exception. Some of the things to do:
Laundry and Ironing
Walk with Rosina
Pick up veggies and cantaloupe at the Farmer’s Market
Charity Workshop-Crochet
Write Blogs

Things I accomplished:
Some Laundry-No ironing
Walked with Rosina
Picked up veggies and cantaloupe

Pig Bag


Crocheted for charity and got to hang out with some of my friends at my LYS. Our LYS owner; Shelly Stilger was so excited to show us some of her new crochet patterns for pig and cow bags. She’s so sweet and so caring about all the needlearts--including crochet. We just love her so much.

Susan Pig Bag


Susan is a diehard knitter who has decided that she wants to learn to crochet just so she can make these bags. How fun is that?

Amy Gaines book


Then it was back home to work on my blogs, but before I arrived, my daughter called me and wanted to know if I had any lime green yarn in my stash, and I told her yes, so she wanted to come over to raid my stash and to show me the little animals that she has been making from Amy Gaines' book, Cute Little Animals.

Crochet Pendant


When I arrived home, my son wanted me to listen to some music that he purchased for his iPod. (Sorry Joshua no picture of your music!) My husband wanted to show me the pendant that he had and wanted my advice on what kind of chain to hang it on. He had tried a leather cord, but it seemed a little flimsy, so while my husband and son were challenging each other to a jalapeno eating contest, I crocheted around the little leather cord and showed him. He couldn’t believe that I just crocheted it while he was eating his pepper.

Now at the end of the day, I still don’t have my blogs written, my craft room is still a mess, and my husband is off work tomorrow. I have a feeling that I’m not the only mother that spends their Saturday’s like this. Tell me about your weekends.