Monday, September 21, 2009

My Dear Friends Visit

Caleb


My friend Babs was passing through Wichita on her way back home from vacation yesterday. Since she’s a crochet friend, I decided I would invite Rosina to hang out with us all day. We decided to meet up at the LYS, and Rosina and I introduced Babs to all our friends there. Even Caleb, the LYS owner’s son pictured above, was there and had to tell us all about how he lost his top tooth. (He thaid that him and hith Dad were wrethilling, and it fell out. Ithin’t he cute?)

GiftsfromBabs


Babs had brought me some gifts, and I couldn’t wait to find out what they were. Since she knows that I love homegrown veggies and treasures, she brought me both. Homemade bread and butter pickles, and she shared some of her treasures from one of her treasure hunts.

We sat around and talked and crocheted for a while and decided to check out a new fabric store a few storefronts down from the LYS, where we met up with my sister. We found some fabric we couldn’t live without, and then we all went to lunch.

After lunch, we had planned on going to Michaels for a little light shopping. But on the way there, my eye caught a glimpse of something interesting sitting out on the sidewalk of an antique and second hand clothing store. So we were all game for it (I was driving so they didn’t have much choice). Ha! Ha!

MyFinds


Well, here are a few of the things that I found. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the fabric, sweater, or skirt, but they are projects that are still to come.

ThingsInsideSewingBasket

GroceryStorePromotionalItem


I love the old sewing basket and collect them whenever I can. It’s so cool when you find neat things inside. These are the things that were inside. Grocery stores just don’t give these promotional items away anymore, do they?

We wrapped up the day by going to Michaels and then dropping Babs off at her hotel. We all had a great time just talking about family, friends, crochet, and upcoming projects. Tell me about what you and your friends do when you get together. Thanks Babs for coming to visit.