Friday, September 25, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Kitchen "Drawers" Crochet Pattern

Kitchen Drawers Crochet Pattern


These Kitchen "Drawers" crochet patterns took me back to my childhood of visiting my Grandma Kingery’s house (my dad’s mom) and her sister, Aunt Erma. They both crocheted and sewed just like their sisters. Both of them worked. One worked and retired from one of the aircraft companies here in Wichita, and the other worked at a dry cleaner, worked for the Red Cross, and volunteered at the Food Bank.

The reason I bring this up is, I know how hard it is to find time in my day to do the things that I love to do, and a lot of times, I choose little projects to do as I know I can complete them. I’m sure they felt the same way. That’s what I love about crochet and small projects like these potholders. You can carry them with you to work and crochet on your breaks or just simply pick them up as you have time to crochet on them at home. I’m not sure whether my grandma or aunt made the little potholders that hung behind their stoves, but I do know that I inherited some of my grandma’s crochet booklets and some of these potholders were in her books. As I crocheted my "Drawers" potholders, I thought of my dear Grandma and Aunt Erma and how I miss them.

Grandma and AuntErma


I love this picture of my grandma with her sisters. Grandma is the one on the far left, and my Aunt Erma is the 2nd from the right.

Drawers Crochet Pattern


Check out my version of the Kitchen "Drawers" potholders.