Thursday, September 3, 2009

Take off One Inch Please

Inch Note


This is the note that I had on my ironing board along with a pair of my husband’s dress slacks. I moved the pants and note to do the ironing last week, and when I went to sew the pillow insertion for another Granny Square Pillow, I found the note again, except it was beside my sewing machine now. This little note keeps staring me in the face as I continue with my UFOs.

I’m not real sure when I’m going to get to take those pants up an inch please?!? As you probably guessed, I don’t like to mend or hem pants. Does anyone out there really like the job of hemming pants, besides a tailor? My grandmother, who was barely five feet tall, always warned me not to marry a short man because you will always have to hem his pants. She was so right.