Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cool Crocheted Basket

Cool Crocheted Basket

I’m not sure how I stumbled onto this pattern, but I did. I have been eyeing this Serenity Chunky yarn for quite some time, too. Anyway, I noticed the pattern was designed to use with this very yarn, and it’s from Deborah Norville's Collection. The crocheted basket pattern was designed by Vicki Blizzard, and since the yarn was on sale, I could justify buying it. Ha! Ha! The pattern called for two skeins of yarn, and since I wanted my basket to be a little taller, I decided to purchase three skeins. I love how fast the basket was to make, and the pattern is super easy. I think my granny squares look neat in it waiting for me to sew them together.

Variegated Crochet Flower

And I had just enough yarn to make a very large flower. It will go into the bag with all the other flowers that I intend on embellishing something with.