Monday, February 22, 2010

The Crochet Dude and His Hat Patterns

My Version of Cabled Tam

Look what I bought from the Crochet Soiree store. I have been looking for "The Crochet Dude" Drew Emborsky’s books ever since they came out, and I finally got around to ordering In All Caps. I’ve wanted to try one of his patterns for a long time and thought that the “Cabled Tam” would be easy and something I could finish quickly. I was right, and I chose some leftover yarn from the Granny Square Swap (Vanna’s Choice “Purple Print”). Of course, I ran out before I could complete the band, but I finished the band off with “Purple Mist”.

Cabled Tam on my Husband

I like how it looks and love how stretchy the fabric is with all of the cables and FPdcs and BPdcs. My husband was so kind to model it for the picture. I think it would work well for a man's hat, too. What do you think?

Earflap Hat Pattern

Have you all seen Drew’s never-before-published Earflap Hat instant download pattern here on Crochet Soiree? It looks like it would be fun to make, and you can purchase it right here and get started today. Those pom poms look like fun—especially since I have every size of pom pom maker, thanks to my friends and secret pal. I think this will be the next hat I’m going to crochet.