Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine’s Day is Coming Soon!

Heart Doily

Do you remember when we were kids, and it was the week before Valentine’s Day? I remember going home and asking for a shoebox to take to school with me. Then, once you got to school with it, you would cover it with construction paper, cut out hearts and cupids, and glue them to your special mailbox. And we had to make sure we didn’t forget to cut a hole in the top of the shoebox lid. This must have been an early form of scrapbooking, don’t you think? Well, I’m sure if I could’ve crocheted back then, I would’ve made crocheted hearts and doilies with heart shapes in them for my box.

I found this pattern designed by Cylinda Mathews and couldn’t resist making it, and Crochet Soiree has a Circle of Love doily pattern that would be cool for Valentine’s Day, also. Tell me about the things you remember making for Valentine’s Day and if you do anything special now.