Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, 3/22/10 Finished Adult-Sized Hexagon Jacket

Adult Sized Hexagon Jacket

I know you are probably getting sick of hearing about the Hexagon Jacket, but I can’t believe how easy they are to crochet. When my sister Jackie said that she wanted one for herself, I set out to make her one. (Remember the first one that I attempted ended up being a tiny bear’s sweater.) Well, I decided to bump up the yarn size and make it easier on myself. I wanted to create something that she would like and use her colors. So I chose some Vanna’s Choice yarn and some other acrylic yarn that I had that went with the color scheme. I’m hoping that Jackie will want to wear this to the International Spring Quilt Market being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in May. Since I won’t be able to go with her, she can take this jacket and think of her sister back at home.

Hex Jacket Love the Edging

As I was finishing the jacket, I was so excited to see the end that I decided to make a completely different edging around the sleeves and the bottom of the jacket. I really like the way it looks, and I hope Jackie will like it, too.

Hex Jacket Love the Button

I’ve been waiting for just the right project to use this big button on, and I think I found it. What do you think? Although, after I got the jacket done and started taking pictures of it, I’m not sure if it’s even going to fit her, and it looks really blocky. But Jackie has a way of making even a gunny sack look good, so I’m hoping she can pull this one off, too. Ha! Ha!