Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday, 3/27/10 Something Cool for Steph and CrochetWear

CrochetWearBook

This year, my friend Stephanie volunteered to be our Secretary/Treasurer for the KS My Stitch Crochet Guild, and it has been lots of fun having her on board. She’s so easy going and friendly. She also just learned to crochet a couple of years ago and loves to do freeform crochet. The thing that I love about her is she thinks outside of the box, and she always has some really cool ideas.

When I found this new book, CrochetWear here on Crochet Soiree, and I fell in love with the shawl on the cover of the book, so I was showing Steph the book, and she really fell in love with…

HexOn

…one of the shrugs in the book called Hex On. Well, I just so happened to have purchased one of the new cottons that my LYS owner had gotten in and thought maybe I would make Steph this little shrug. Here’s a picture of the first hexagon—ssshhh, don’t tell Steph. I can’t wait to finish it and find just the right buttons to go on the front. I’ll make sure I show you her face when she gets her shrug, and I hope it will make her smile.

Thanks Steph for all you do!