Monday, October 5, 2009

35th Class Reunion

As you can probably tell by now, I like to get involved in lots of things. My class reunion planning was no exception. Several of us got together and decided to start our one-day class reunion event off with reminiscing in the morning with a potluck lunch and tour of our old high school. We decided to rent the Maize Community Building in the small community where I went to school. It was very convenient as it was right across the street from the high school, and they had just remodeled it. Little did I know when I got there though that I would have to set up all the tables and the chairs. So I set out to set them up and started wondering where all the football and basketball players were that I had cheered on at all the games for four years of high school. Oh well, I knew some of them would be there to help tear it all down, so I just kept on, but I think I will need some of this to help me through the rest of the day.

Bayer Back and Body


I was looking forward to the evening activity where I didn’t have to do anything but show up and talk some more and have dinner at a really nice supper club. I decided to take my laptop and download the pictures that I had taken from the daytime get together. And I did a little slideshow presentation on my laptop.

I am such a bag lady though. I had my crocheted purse (made from all my colors), my bag with all of my school pictures and yearbooks (turquoise), and the bag that I carried my laptop computer in (pink and brown). One of the guys commented that my bag colors coordinated with my clothes. Isn’t he astute? I was so glad that I could share all the pictures with my classmates and was able to be involved with the planning.

Anyway, we all had a great time reminiscing about the good old days and remembering some funny moments. But I’m not sure how we went from this:

Sixth Grade Class Picture


Can you guess which one is me?

To This:

Classmates Now


It just seems like yesterday when we all were wearing our caps and gowns at graduation. The time seems to fly by now. Every year seems more precious than the year before. How many years have you been out of high school?