Friday, October 2, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Flower Garden Afghan Crochet Pattern

Flower Garden Afghan crochet pattern


When I first saw this Flower Garden Afghan crochet pattern, I said, “Hey this looks like me.” And it also reminded me of the quilt that I inherited from my Grandma Kingery. It’s called a “Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt”. Mine isn’t put together like the flower garden quilts that you usually see. Here’s a picture of it:

Grandma Kingerys Quilt


The colors I chose for my Flower Garden Afghan are these:

Flower Garden Afghan Motifs


The fun thing about making afghans with motifs is, if you get tired and bored with it, you can always make a lap throw, baby afghan, or pillow. I was even thinking each individual motif could be a hot pad. (Hot pads wouldn’t work for mine because I made them out of acrylic yarn, and you know what that does when it gets hot…)

Have fun making the afghan. I would love to hear what yarns you’re going to use for yours.