Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday Schoolhouses

This was the first Quilt Market that Jackie and I had gone to that we actually got to go to the schoolhouse presentations. Schoolhouse consists of the designers or vendors showing a room full of shop owners what they have that’s new. It’s a little mini presentation of 15 or 30 minutes. Of course, you have to make sure you choose the people you want to see and then try and get from classroom to classroom in a huge crowd of people before the next one starts. I had my plan of attack all mapped out, and I took Steph with me.

Anna Maria Horner


I chose to sit in on Anna Maria Horner’s schoolhouse, and she has some really cool fabrics and patterns coming out.

Waiting on Amy Butler


This is a picture of us waiting for Amy Butler’s schoolhouse to start and right before my necklace broke. We were fortunate enough to meet Amy and her husband at Spring Market in Salt Lake City. We got to talk with her every day of the market, and she’s as sweet as she looks!

Amy Butler and Me


Amy’s always willing to allow me to take a picture with her, and I love all her new fabrics and patterns, especially her new line of vinyl.

Heather Bailey


Then, it was off to see Heather Bailey. I also love all her new projects and new fabric lines. She’s very nice, too.

Elizabeth and Pam


As we were leaving the convention center for the day, we met up with a couple of our favorite people: Elizabeth and Pam. We met them in Salt Lake City and have been friends ever since. We keep up with each other’s blogs.

Coming Soon! First day of Market....