Thursday, October 8, 2009

Houston Quilt Market Bound

My sister and I have been traveling to Houston for the last four years to the Fall International Quilt Market. The year, Jackie chose not to set up a booth and instead just go down to have fun and shop the booths and find out what’s new. When I found out that she was still going, I asked her if I could go, too. Since she’s such a nice sister, she agreed to let me tag along.

Jackie and Me


This is a picture of us at the Spring International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, Utah. We had a lot of fun on that trip, but it was a very long drive.

Anyway, we drove down to Houston on Wednesday, and today, we’ll be on a quilt shop tour all day. (I’ve heard that some of the shops have some yarn.) We are also taking a few of our friends along with us. One is the LQS owner, and the other one is a member of KS My Stitch, and she has recently started quilting. It’s going to be so much fun, and I can hardly wait. I’ve already picked out the clothes that I need to take, and now it’s off to pick out which projects I can take and figure out how much is Jackie actually going to let me bring along. Ha! Ha!