Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Day in Houston

We left for Houston on Wednesday and drove all day. Arriving at our hotel just in time for dinner, and we chose to eat at this fantastic Chinese restaurant that we found last year. It was just two blocks from our hotel and within walking distance. I can’t remember the name, and I don’t know why I didn’t take pictures. Oh well, maybe next year. We knew the place was good because all the police officers eat there, and we felt a little safer because of it. Ha! Ha!

Jackie and I in Katy Texas


The next morning, we were scheduled for a Quilt Shop Bus Tour. Our first stop was Katy, Texas, and the quilt shop was in a cute cottage built in the 1930s or 40s. The kitchen was pink and blue, and it had stacks of fabric in built-in cabinets with glass fronts. Oh my gosh, it was so cute. But do you think I could’ve taken a picture? No. The bathroom was cool, too.

Jackies Patterns


The shop owner even carries two of Jackie’s patterns: “Britches and Bloomers” and the “Cute As a Button Baby Jacket”.

Jackie and Steph carrying Junk Bag


Jackie and Steph were carrying around Jackie’s newest pattern “The Junk Bag”. Of course, since Steph loves Bling, she made hers with all things that bling.

Crochet Lace in Window


Our second stop was in another town that I can’t remember the name of, but it was in a little strip of houses along the side of the road. I just loved the crocheted trim hanging in the windows.

Filet Crochet at the Cowboy Ranch


Our third stop was at a working cowboy ranch where we ate barbecue for lunch in a barn. We even got to take a tour of one of homes that had been built there in the early 1900s. There were lots of cool crochet pieces, but this one just caught my eye.

Watch for my future adventures in Houston coming soon………