Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Husband the Mole Chaser

Mole Chaser


This was my view from my chair the other Saturday. It brought back memories of the first time I saw Caddy Shack with Bill Murray chasing the gopher all over the golf course.

I remember growing up, my dad would set traps for moles and gophers and would catch a lot of them. But when I moved from my childhood home in the country into my own home in the city, I didn’t think the moles would come with me. I was wrong. I’ve lived in the same house for thirty years now, and the whole time we’ve lived here, we’ve had moles invade our yard. Does anyone else have this problem?

My husband decided he was going to be the exterminator of the moles. One day, I came home from work and found his van running with the garden hose stuck into the exhaust and the other end in the ground where the mole run was. I almost died laughing. This was only one of the things that he’s used to try to take care of the mole situation. He thinks that the new “Mole Chaser” method will be the ticket. I’m not so sure, but we’ve had a good laugh about it, and it’s a good thing my husband is such a good sport and patient man.