Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Greg Brady and Princess


When I was young, we didn’t go all out for Halloween. I remember the first time that I actually dressed up for Halloween; I was in about 6th grade. I had a lot of fun dressing up and trying to figure out my costume.

When my daughter was born, I loved planning her costume way in advance and would dress her up and take her out to the homes of friends and family. When she got a little older, she would get together with her friends, and they would walk around our neighborhood; we all knew each other, and it was good.

Then when Joshua was born, I had a full time job and didn’t really get into Halloween as much, but my daughter kept up the tradition of finding costumes for him. She would take him to the Goodwill, and they would create costumes from old clothes and have a ball.

I don't think Jennifer will never grow out of the dress up part. In the picture above, Joshua was supposed to be Greg Brady, and Jennifer was a princess. She still wants to dress up, but now she dresses her daughter up and continues the tradition of finding just the right costume for My Megan.

Tell me about your Halloween traditions.