Thursday, May 28, 2009

CGOA Design Contest

How many of you are going to enter a design in the CGOA Design Contest this year? I entered a piece last year and didn’t win, but it was exciting anyway just to think that my jacket traveled all that way to the contest.

I am going to enter something again this year. I didn’t know I was going to when I started the project that ultimately turned into my entry. I was just going to use up some scraps of yarns. I didn’t have a plan, but each time I would finish one skein of yarn, with the next and different yarn, I would get another idea, and it just kept growing. Get a sneak peek at my entry below:

CGOA Design Contest


Please think about entering something in the contest. You can find all the details on the CGOA website, and you have to a member to enter. There’s a form on the members only section of the site.

And when it’s time to mail your design clear across the country, oh man, that’s hard. Especially when the postal worker asks if you want to insure it, and how do you put a price on something like that???? After working on it so long, it’s a part of your soul. I can’t wait to see all of the entries.