Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old Books and Projects

Leisure Arts Vintage Books


My sister surprised me on our trip road a couple of weeks ago. She had gone to another neighboring town the week before and found some neat vintage crochet books. And guess who published them? Leisure Arts! What a fun find.

I just love old books and leaflets. I have been truly blessed by the books that have been handed down to me from my grandmothers and aunts. They even have their names on some of them (Vada, Pearl, Erma, and Nettie). I feel like there is a little of them still with me.

And aside from how cool it is just to collect them, I have a great time taking the old patterns and recreating them in today's colors and yarns for wonderful new designs.

I would love to hear about the things that you have inherited, like hooks, books, yarns, and crocheted items. Tell me your stories!

Happy Crocheting,
Tamara