Saturday, May 23, 2009

Husbands

Me Crocheting


I would like to tell you about my husband of 17 years. I think I have already mentioned this, but I get up at 3:30 am every morning to crochet so that I am not disturbed while I am creating, and he just goes with the flow. My husband has always encouraged me with whatever I was involved in throughout the years. Sometimes, we'll be sitting in the living room, me crocheting and him reading the paper, as I look off into space thinking about the next thing that I want to create. When I finally look over at him, he will put the newspaper down and just be smiling at me. He always wants to know what I am dreaming up this time. Sometimes I can explain to him what I am thinking, and other times, I have to show him. I love it when we get together with other people, and he tries to explain to our friends that when he wakes up and walks out of the bedroom in the morning, he looks downstairs and “if she is sitting in her favorite spot crocheting, it's going to be a good day.”

John and Me


He also tells them that he will look over one minute, and I will have a piece of yarn in my hand and the next time he looks up, I have a completed project in my hand. He seems to exaggerate a little. I love this picture of John and me. We had just finished taking down a booth at our local quilt show. He helps me with whatever I stick my feet in.

Do you have an understanding husband? I'd love to hear what makes him so special.