Friday, May 22, 2009

The Mary Engelbreit Cherries Pattern

Mary Engelbreit Cherries


Welcome to another Free Pattern Friday! You've got to check out the free Mary Engelbreit Cherries project. Isn't it cute??? What’s not to love about cherries, especially when they are a Mary Engelbreit design? I had the privilege of meeting Mary on one of her book tours a few years ago. She visited Wichita, Kansas, and my sister and I and our friend went to see her at the Dillard's store. I purchased two of her children's books, and we proceeded to stand in line with all of the other Mary Engelbreit fans.

When Mary got ready to sign my books, she asked me who I wanted her to address them to, and I told her my granddaughter Megan. So she addressed both of them to Megan. One of them is ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, and it’s the book that my daughter has to have read to Megan every Christmas Eve.

(Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I was wearing the beaded necklace that I crocheted, and Mary looked up and asked me if it was crocheted.)

Then we got an idea and asked if we could have our picture taken with her and she agreed. I love this picture of my sister, my friend, me, and Mary


Pink Cherries


Of course I still like to think about different colors to do things in, other than what you would normally use. So my cherries are PINK!!!! Have fun with the Mary Engelbreit Cherries pattern.