Saturday, July 18, 2009

Farmer's Market

Rosina and I had planned to go to the Farmer's Market, but got rained out, so we planned it for this Saturday and wanted to go early enough to beat the heat. We arrived around 8:00, and I think everyone else decided to do the same thing. The Kansas Farmer's Market has a little bit of everything. They have some Mexican food already prepared, logs and sticks from the river, big huge rocks, wood furniture, jams and jellies, vegetables, flowers, plants, and some handmade items.

Nancy


While we were there, I also stopped to visit with Nancy and see what she was up to. I had seen her in the yarn shop before and knew she was a knitter. But I thought she just looked so cute under her Nancy's Nice Knits sign, I had to take a picture of her, and she posed for me.

Kansas Alpaca Yarn


Nancy proceeded to tell us about the Kansas Alpaca yarn that she had for sale, and we got to pet some of it already made into a scarf. I asked Nancy if she spun the fiber into yarn, and she said no, that there is a mill in Phillipsburg, Kansas, that she gets it from, and they are very reliable. She said that she didn’t want to take up spinning because it would cut into her knitting time. Anyway, Rosina and I think we should take a trip to the Alpaca farms and take one to the mill. Here we go again planning another field trip.

Rosina and her Red Potatoes


Rosina wanted to pick up some new red potatoes, and they sure looked good. All of the vegetables colors were so pretty. They made me want to go out and look at yarn in the same colors.