Friday, July 31, 2009

Free Pattern Friday: Beary Pretty Dress

Free Crochet Pattern Beary Pretty Dress 800938


The first thing I thought of when I saw this pattern was that Darla Dearlin needed an outfit. So I set out to make a little dress for Darla. I knew I wanted it to update the look and to make it my own. So I chose the variegated pink thread and decided to make it a top instead of a dress. That meant that I would need to make some bloomers. Then I had to break out the sewing machine. Even that wasn’t quite enough because I needed to thread something through the eyelets that are made at the waist of the bodice of the dress. I decided to use a piece of rick rack picked up during one of my treasure hunts, After embellishing the top, I still had rick rack left over, so I decided to poke-a-hole-in-it and crochet on one edge of it to make a fun and funky headband. But the outfit wasn’t complete until I added a little turquoise flower corsage.

Darla in Her New Outfit


Man, sometimes I just don’t know when to stop, but I’m very pleased with the outcome. What do you think of Darla in her new outfit? Does this ever happen to any of you? Get this week's free crochet pattern Beary Pretty Dress.