Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yarn Barf

I’m sure this has happened to many of you out there--more than once. It seems like it happens when you are in the biggest hurry to finish something. It happened to me the other day as I was crocheting the last row of the little top that I’m making for my granddaughter Megan. I was already into my second row of the last row of ruffles on the top. I wanted to finish the row before heading off to work, and "POOF" this happened.

Yarn Barf


When I found out that there would be no way of untangling it without an end, I decided to take out the rows that I had started (since I couldn’t, or should I say wouldn’t, cut the yarn?). I was successful at untangling it and finished it up on my lunch hour at work. Whew, another skein of yarn untangled and saved from cutting. Doesn’t it feel good when you accomplish this? It makes you feel like you can conquer the world. Ha! Ha!

I would love to hear about your untangling adventures.