Monday, July 13, 2009

Secret Pals

In our KS My Stitch crochet guild, we have a fun thing that we do. We have Secret Pals. You have the choice of whether to participate or not. Last year was our first year of doing this, and I thought what a neat idea, so I signed up right away. I thought that it would be so cool if I got my friend Rosina, and, guess what, I did draw her name.

Oh my gosh, deciding what would I make for her and trying to keep it a secret from her was so much harder than I realized it would be, but I had fun with it anyway, and, of course, I signed up for it again this year.

Whoever ended up with my name, I’m sure, has had a hard time. They think, oh she crochets everything she wants to, but that would be wrong. I appreciate anything that I receive that is crocheted or handmade because I know how much work goes into all of it. (I would hate to get my name, too.) Well, the person that drew my name this year has done a wonderful job. So far, I have received a counted cross stitch bunny rabbit, cilantro (I make my own homemade salsa and she knows that), and she gave me this wonderful book of doilies, tablecloths, and bedspreads. There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t want to make out of this book. I chose this pinwheel doily to start with.

Doily I chose from Secret Pal Gift


Do you like to crochet from a chart? All of the patterns in this book have charts to go by. I would much rather use a chart than to have to read all of the words.

Diagram or Chart


Please tell me about some of the special things you do during your guild meetings.